The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Meyle shocks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattm123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meyle shocks
    Posted: 21 Jul 17 at 23:21
Has anyone got an opinion on meyle shocks on standard springs? I need new shock absorbers all round and these are more affordable than saches.......
dumbo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dumbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 17 at 08:35
why buy cheap rubbish when there,s better ones  ie brickwerks take a look ok
simon
mattm123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattm123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 17 at 10:22
Because of price..... Are they rubbish?
ob1 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

FOUND IT, IT WAS HIDING!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 17 at 10:26
Bilstien B4 are proved and tested as the best decent budget shock ... don't think I'd fit anything cheaper tbh?
mattm123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattm123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 17 at 17:43
Fair point, do I need to change the springs ( 1990 on what looks like the originals) they're not broken so assume they'll be fine?
dumbo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dumbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 17 at 19:50
snap thats what ive got and avo springs a far bit better than the standard set up Smile dont buy cheap and buy twice... ok up to you and your pocket
mattm123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattm123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 17 at 21:39
.. The quality is remembered a long time after the price is forgotten .... But seriously will I notice the springs? On corners I feel like I need to put my hand out the window to stop it falling over at the moment.
mattm123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattm123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 17 at 16:52
Bilstien B4  ordered

Will no doubt be back here for help with fitting :)

thanks
M
akw View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 17 at 14:40
I fitted the b4s on standard springs before but it didn't make a lot of difference in terms of body roll on it's own. 

Fitting better springs made the most noticeable difference.  I have Eibachs -40mm on there now (with the b4s').  Not a fan of lowering but cornering is a lot less sketchy now so it was worth it.
'90 T3 Bluestar
mattm123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattm123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 17 at 14:54
B4s on and the drive is a lot better, much less roll on the roundabouts and less feeling like i need to put my had out the window to stop the van falling over!

it still gets blown about quite a bit on the motorway but nowhere near as bad as it was

next stop drop link and radius bushes!!

Edited by mattm123 - 04 Aug 17 at 14:55
Orance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 17 at 07:51
 Post Reply Post Reply