The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rear Disk brakes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrogins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 17 at 18:15
Thanks ob1 we always try and mix safe with esthetics, used to build, rebuild modern classics a few years back just as a hobby, got bored with that plus far too dam expensive, the van keeps my hand in plus takes us on great holidays every year, have owned many vehicles over the years and still have a few but none draw me as much as the van, an old friend, forgot to mention I coupled the disk installation with fitting new swing arm bush's, one of the old ones internal mounting tube broke free of the rubber giving play in the bush and variable geometry, failed mot, fitted new polyurethane one piece ones, bit of a pig to fit, had to make up a tool to feed them into the tubes but really solid rear end once fitted, the back end tracks beautifully, the down side is it now shows up the fronts barrely tracking, front end on the list for upgrade to polys, not cheep but again, fit and forget, the rear is also remarkably missing all suspension noise, having said that replaceing the rear bushs with good rubber ones would probably also do the job, as for removing the bushs bolts! I refuse to say a word in case I have to smash something up in anger! heehe really must go get tea!....
scrogins
scrogins View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrogins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 17 at 21:41
Holiday over, 600 miles plus on the clock, rear disks bedded in and working beautifully, very noticeable whilst towing the trailer tent, handbrake spot on, pedal solid and very responsive, worth every penny! started collecting the parts required to fit the Audi Front 312mm Epytec kit, sort of got waylaid by slight overheating in extremely hot car parking conditions, (M25 followed by M3) blasted switch packed up! bit of wire sellotaped to wiring plug sorted it for the holiday and new bits from Bwerks arrived today, would have had a rad if they had any in? Hella in post somewhere, old one not leaking but bit moth-eaten, old one going in my mates as like a cullender, always something isn't there, but dones done ....Slurpz....  
scrogins
scrogins View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrogins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 17 at 17:24
scrogins
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12