The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - T4 2.5 ACU petrol timing belt replacement - tensio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T4 2.5 ACU petrol timing belt replacement - tensio

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericcs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T4 2.5 ACU petrol timing belt replacement - tensio
    Posted: 14 Jun 17 at 10:17
I,m in the process of changing my timing belt, water pump and tensioner. I finally managed to stretch the belt over the tensioner, but am unsure on how to tension the belt, there is a big black plastic nut under the bolt, and a tab which is spring loaded. when you push this tab it tightens against the belt, but just springs back to it's normal spot. 

On advice, i turned the black hex clockwise to the point where i wouldn't go further, the belt was super tight, but the pointer didn't move to the right with it. i can push it across with a screw driver with the nut loose. there is not enough slack in the belt to allow the hex to rotate 360deg. I'm now at a loss!

also, do you know the torque setting for the large bolt that holds the harmonic balancer on?
the one supplied is about 40mm too long, so it will need to be cut down.
any advice greatly appreciated. there are youtube clips, but their T4's have a different tensioner, plus an extra idler bearing.
cheers
eric

Post Reply Post Reply