The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Starting issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angrycraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starting issues
    Posted: 04 Jun 17 at 16:09
Hi, I'm after some advice, had to bump start my van today and Friday as turning over bug not actually stsrting, no glow plug lights when I put the ignition key in. Also a bit of white smoke out of the exhaust when it eventually gets going. It's a 1.6 diesel jx. Any ideas? Cheers
danstervan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danstervan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 17 at 20:14
Those symptoms certainly all tie in with a fault in glowplug system.
Have you got a multi-meter and basic level of skill to check for blown fuse / voltages to start working out where the issue lies?

Edited by danstervan - 04 Jun 17 at 20:15
angrycraig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angrycraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 17 at 22:12
I don't have either, I'm really not mechanically minded and fairly new to T3 ownership. I know someone who might be able to help though, I just wanted to have an idea of what it could be so that I can go to him with something to look at, thank you
randolph57 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randolph57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 17 at 10:22
In no particular order:-

Glow plug relay/timer
Glow plug fuse link
Glow plugs
Glow plug 'connecting loop'
 Post Reply Post Reply