The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

agreed value insurance?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbx6dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: agreed value insurance?
    Posted: 16 May 17 at 14:56
afternoon all insurance time is up and after being messed around by admiral after the misses had a bump i want agreed value for my oettinger wbx6 and having always insured through glynwood they are not able to offer it to me this time as the engine is a 3,2 and the other company they use will not agree the value as its not a proper camper but a multivan interior have any of you guys had this ? who do you use? thanks Dan 
Flat 6's forever
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 17 at 17:33
Rh insurance have always been good to me.
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
wbx6dan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbx6dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 17 at 19:32
thanks rowlesy i tried lancaster today felt like the spanish inquisition ,flux was suggested on face book but will never insure with them again ! footman james were really nice agreed value for extra £10 add £15 to the policy and its yours in a total loss situation  its just a shame glynwood cant agree the value for me ! might try RH tomoz
Flat 6's forever
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 17 at 20:28
worth a go? i had the lith bus insured until the uk docs came through and they were really helpful and they knew there stuff to help out. ive got the doka and the jetta on the same policy too limited miles but i dont do as much as i should anyway. truth be told until you claim you'll never know how good anyone is.
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 17 at 17:28
Im with flux, All mods declared since doing my ej20 conversion. Your comment about not using them again worries me? LOL
"follow the masses, do the opposite"
wbx6dan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbx6dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 17 at 19:57
further news lancaster have come back with a much better quote agreed value to be sorted before accepting.  
15 years ago i was with flux bromy and we had a head on crash on the way home from rtts my wife .6month old were in the bay window with me the injuries were many my boy was fine but i was off work for 6 months! flux offered me £200 for a twin sliding day 2.0lrt t4 engine bay and i had to get into my loft dig out my old vw mags with my leg in a cast a broken hand,teeth.nose etc you get the picture to prove the van was worth more money !! i finally got 3 grand out of them and bought a syncro with bull bar and winch then a 16 doka and the wbx6 which i still have the T3.s were incidentally crash tested ;)
Flat 6's forever
booted View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 17 at 16:55
lots of people  seem very unimpressed with Flux
what was the issue with glynwoods would the not do agreed value at all or just not to the value you wanted?
wbx6dan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbx6dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 17 at 06:54
as a multivan she didnt fall into the camper catorgorie and it went something like if you finish the conversion and put the cooker/sink in the underwriter would agree a value and the other one wouldnt because the engine is too big at 3.2ltr ???? paul has been very helpful just unable to help

Flat 6's forever
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 17 at 17:21
Dont like the sound of that, What was your estimated value when you took out the insurance? is that bit even relevant? Put mine as 7 grand but if thats irrelevant i might look at changing. That said they were the only company that would insure me LOL  
"follow the masses, do the opposite"
 Post Reply Post Reply