The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Syncro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which clutch for AFN syncro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jage fi France Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which clutch for AFN syncro
    Posted: 16 May 17 at 07:13
HI there, I have an AFN conversion with a standard syncro gearbox.  I have the origional JX clutch which I knew would slip.  I cant remember which  stronger, larger golf clutch I am supposed to get to replace it. Can anyone suggest what i should be looking for.  I seem to remember needing a golf 1y clutch and flywheel and having to grind of a couple of tabs.

Many thanks. 

Jage
randolph57 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randolph57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 17 at 22:10
Hi Jage
On my 2WD AFN conversion i used a Golf tdi clutch and flywheel after using information from 'How to TDI a Karmann Gipsy' by Tudor morgan-full of useful pictures/part Numbers although i did not use all the methodology /parts he did.
I have used this flywheel clutch set up for the past 5 years with no problems whatsoever-yes you do grind off the tabs on pressure plate.

think i used the(228mm) LUK 623108900 or equivalent from GSF/ECP and new T3 standard release bearing along with the MK3/4 golf flywheel (sorry no part no at the moment)

look at:-  http://www.karmann-coachbuilts.com/technical/grenjs1.htm
 Post Reply Post Reply