The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

5 speed VW LT Gearbox

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alanjames123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5 speed VW LT Gearbox
    Posted: 10 May 17 at 06:35
Hello Can anyone tell me the visual difference  between a 4 speed and a 5 speed  please.    Thanks    
Alanjames123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alanjames123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 17 at 06:45
Is the 5 speed longer.
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 17 at 13:12
http://www.lt-forum.de/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=start:wichtige_daten:daten_getriebe

Not the easy answer you wanted but information which could help you identify what you have.
The main casing seems to have stayed the same but the clutch housing and shift tower castings have changed. 
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alanjames123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 17 at 05:57
Thanks  I have found that the 5 speed box is exactly the same as a 4 speed to look at . Exactly the same size  same propshaft and linkage too.  The only difference is 1st gear is opersite Reverse   Alan  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alanjames123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 17 at 05:58
Can anyone tell me How do I put pics on the website ???  Alan
Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 17 at 23:29

I have a couple of 5 speed boxes in my workshop if you need measurements.  Just let me know.

Back in the slow lane, yeah!
Bob Hale View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 17 at 08:48
Thank you, I have it sorted now . Both  4 and 5 speed boxes are the same    the onlyDiff. is   Where 1st Gear  is   Alan 
Bob Hale
 Post Reply Post Reply