The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

driver seat problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maurotoni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: driver seat problem
    Posted: 06 May 17 at 18:38
Hello, my name is Mauro, I'm from Italy. Please forgive my very bad english, I have a problem with my 1992 multivan and I don't know who to ask to for help... 
I wanted to check the second battery which is under the driver seat (it was first time I did it). I pulled the seat all forward, then I had to turn a small lever on the intern side of the seat to allow it pull further. It then wont go any further due to a stop.
I changed the battery and then tried to push the seat back on its place, but it was blocked! 
Something is blocking it to go back to the correct position. Of course the stop doesn't allow it to go ahead out of the rails, so it is totally blocked now.
Anybody knows what I can do?
Trying to look into the space between the seat and the rail, on the door side, it seemed to me to see a screw (connected to the seat from above) blocking the rail underneath. Would it be possible? What the hell is that screw doing there?
I wanted to remove the seat, but as it is blocked I can't unscrew the front bolts of the rails.
I hope somebody can help... really really thank you for any help, I'm desperate....
Mauro Cry

Edited by maurotoni - 06 May 17 at 18:40
Dropchip View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dropchip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 17 at 09:51
In Teagarden to it not going forward anymore. There is a stop on the left on the rails however the clip that is stopping it is on a spring, you just flip that up and it will allow the seat to go off the rails.

Being jammed and not going back could just be it's really stiff. Have you tried sitting in the seat and pushing it using your feet? Once it gets going it will be fine I'm sure
maurotoni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maurotoni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 17 at 22:53
Thank you Dropchip!
Yes I did what you suggested but unfortunately didn't work, The seat can't be moved! 
I'm going to push it out from the rails so to see what is blocking it to go back.
Thanks again

Post Reply Post Reply