The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

174 6speed gearbox syncomesh problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vw bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 174 6speed gearbox syncomesh problems
    Posted: 29 Mar 17 at 18:45
Hi , I'd thought I'd share this folks , after a couple of years of driving around a problem i.e. Changing gear overly gently when going from 2nd to 3rd , I finally bite the bullet to have worn syncromesh looked into and diagnosed/ sorted , but before trusted garage started the work I asked them pleeeeease due to expected cost ,check for worn linkage ,loose bolts or anything that might mean the box hasn't got to come out , well luckily for me the found loads of wear in the splined arm that connects the cables to the gearbox, and wow since owning it for about 4years it now changes gear like my 03 Impreza sti did, instead of feeling like I'm wiggling a stick in a bucket of water , cheers peeps .
gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 17 at 22:41
Result !  Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply