The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Propshaft uj

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lyndon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Propshaft uj
    Posted: 29 Mar 17 at 13:59
anyone changed one? I have removed mine and there were no c clips holding them in place! is it just an interference fit by pressing them in from the outside with a press? or am i missing something?
LT 31 1984 6 cylinder doozel
byroad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote byroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 17 at 17:43
Hello. Circlips are bit old hat now and the cups are held in by 3 small centre punch "dents",i don't think thats the tech term but it will do,clean up the yolk and they should be visible.
old truckers don't die, they get a camper!
lyndon View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lyndon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 17 at 13:53
so how do you re fit them? do you press in the new uj and center punch the edge of the yolk to hold them in?

lyndon View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lyndon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 17 at 13:54
thanks for the reply :)

byroad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote byroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 17 at 15:31
yeah,get to the point where you fit a C clip,instead give it a clout with a centre punch,and make an impression(3),which will hold the cap in,some blokes put a little blob of weld on instead,your choice. 
old truckers don't die, they get a camper!
 Post Reply Post Reply