The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Expecting to much to have the sink plumbed in ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Expecting to much to have the sink plumbed in ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulcomms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Expecting to much to have the sink plumbed in ?
    Posted: 27 Mar 17 at 17:34
Just purchased my first camper after 18 months of looking and deliberating 
A very nice 2012 T5 lwb with a new conversion and pop top 
Am i expecting to much to have the sink and the 2 gas rings plumbed in ? i thought not ??
On first inspection pre delivery i noticed the sink and requested it to be working, which they did in a fashion, the water containers left to roll around the lower cupboard un secured with the clean water one having a huge hole in the top with a submersible pump dropped through the hole, looked like a recipe for very wet floors even on the smallest of journeys.
  After collection i looked further to connect up my gas bottle and test the hob, no regulator or hose to be found any where ???Confused
To cut a long story short i thought i was given some cock and bull about how no one ever uses the sink and hob any way and they always leave them un serviced and inoperative ?? also they continued to with ' well if you put a gas bottle and water containers in you loose all your storage  space ??? surely if it doesn't work  all it is is hole filler in the counter top ?
Please, is this the norm for new conversions ????
I did not notice this on the other vans i looked at ??
My question of is this supposed to be a professional conversion ? did not seem to go down well saying things are done to differing budgets and that was a reason for the lack of finish and finess After much looking a did not think 26000 was a bargain basement price for age and model ??? am i wrong again ?
 Any comments please as this is all very new to me 
Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 17 at 22:02

26K and a sink that doesn't work, or a hob that's not plumbed?

Does it actually have wheels?!!

The point of a camper is that you go camping in it in a reasonably self sufficient manner. And I usually eat during my camping trips - and wash up when I've finished!

Nonsense! Wacko

Back in the slow lane, yeah!
Paulcomms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulcomms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 17 at 22:26
Hi
Yes nonsense indeed, after a little chat they have now completed the work to make everything operative, first outing this weekend for a test run
Just feel they were trying to have one over on me,
Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 17 at 23:00

Yep, sounds like it fella.

Glad it's sorted now - enjoy your first trip out Thumbs Up

Back in the slow lane, yeah!
 Post Reply Post Reply