The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T4 Horn / steering column slip ring location

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghost123uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T4 Horn / steering column slip ring location
    Posted: 27 Mar 17 at 15:32
Hi all,

I'm helping a mate whose horn has stopped working (oo err missus).

I know that on a T3 there is a slip ring at the base of the steering column that often fails. Does the T4 have a similar arrangement? I have had a look around but can't find it,  and my mate reckons there is no reference to it in his Haynes manual  Confused

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the way, not that it makes any difference (I'm guessing) but his van is a rare T4 LWB Syncro with a proper tailgate.
Not only that but he has had the 2.5Tdi mapped and bigger injectors fitted so it's producing about 180 BHP now !!

John - in Malpas, S. Cheshire
little.legs View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little.legs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 17 at 17:36
If you're on about the copper ring that makes the connection when you push the horn on the steering wheel, it's under the steering wheel. You have to remove the steering wheel and carefully unplug the wire to it. Then on mine I'd to remove the indicator stalk to be able to lift off the copper ring.as a whole unit. Can't remember if there were any other wires connected, sorry.
Lots of posts on the t4forum about it.
where's mi t'hammer
ghost123uk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghost123uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 17 at 08:24
Originally posted by little.legs little.legs wrote:

If you're on about the copper ring that makes the connection when you push the horn on the steering wheel,

No, not the horn push, the slip ring that feeds to wire that runs up to the horn push, but thanks for replying with a suggestion Thumbs Up

I'll just have to take the covers off and find it.
John - in Malpas, S. Cheshire
 Post Reply Post Reply