The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rear door linkage broken

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doonhamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear door linkage broken
    Posted: 25 Mar 17 at 05:55
Hi, my rear door linkage has broken (one piece door) and I cannot open it. The real issue is that I have a steel bulkhead in the rear behind kombi seats do cannot get to it from inside. Is there any way to open it from the outside? I don't want to have to cut my bulkhead out. Looking at threads it is impossible to do from the outside, as the door has a few bashes in it would I be as well to cut a hole in the door and replace the door instead of damaging a really clean interior bulkhead with tidy lining etc?

Thanks, David
Git er done!
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 17 at 08:35
Bad luck! Cry   If the rod has come off (which is what usually happens) there is nothing you can do to open it from the outside.  It's worth trying repeatedly banging the tailgate with your hand in the area of the handle with your hand in case the the lock is simply stuck.  I'm assuming it's not a glazed tailgate of course!     
2004 2.5 174
 Post Reply Post Reply