The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Indicator relay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dropchip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Indicator relay
    Posted: 22 Mar 17 at 22:19
Hi guys.

Been having an on off indicator problem. Relay keeps clicking without the indicators being used. And the indicator light just stays on constant, rather then flashing.

I'm suspecting the relay is faulty. However just had a look on brickwerks and there is a relay with towing electrics. Is this for a factory fitted tow bar?

I'm running what I think is an after market tow bar and have no idea how it was wired up etc.

Any thoughts or advise?
Dropchip View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dropchip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 17 at 23:01
Forgot to mention. My head lights have also started flickering at idle.

I have an EJ25 conversion. Prob the voltage regulator? Does anyone know if it can be changed on the EJ25 alternator?
fufflenarnia View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
#1 Cable Shift Bitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fufflenarnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 17 at 13:25
If you haven't already, check the earth crown behind the dashboard before you do anything else.
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 17 at 17:22
....and the hazard light switch for the indicators too! just taking the plug off and putting it back on works some times! delicate creatures the 2 ton vans! LOL
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 17 at 21:11
Check your dash ribbon connector plug - the big white plug onto your dash binnacle. Ive had issues with mine since doing the ej conversion. related or not, im not sure but ive had to give it a wiggle a few times now to regain full light output and indicator tell tale 
"follow the masses, do the opposite"
Dropchip View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dropchip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 17 at 22:02
Thanks - I'm waiting on a new relay to be delivered. Then I'll give it all ago.
 Post Reply Post Reply