The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

loss of wipers and heater

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattstra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: loss of wipers and heater
    Posted: 09 Feb 17 at 17:34
hello everyone I have lost power to my wipers heater and horn all of a sudden the fuses are all ok , any advice would be very gratetully received, regards matt
crewcab tipper
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 17 at 17:42
check your earths!

if you've got a multimeter then check that there is power TO the relevant fuse
T3 1981 Westy Vanagon - thinks lubricant is a fuel
robbydoo View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 17 at 14:46
I've just had this, at first I thought it was the relay (2nd or 3rd from the left above the fuses) that energises when the ignition is in the run position but it turned out to be the ignition switch that was faulty......awaiting for one to come from Ebay

Rob

Edited by robbydoo - 21 Feb 17 at 14:50
1985 LT40 2.4TD Coach built Pioneer Diamond
1983 1.9DG Autosleeper
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 17 at 12:55
Check the earths, as Hutch suggests.
The star on the right of the fusebox, and the other is under the washer bottle on the right under the dash.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
robbydoo View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 17 at 12:43
Fitted the new ignition and all works again, one of the pins had melted slightly probably through age and dirty contacts so it had moved and there was no contact to energise the auxiliary relay.
1985 LT40 2.4TD Coach built Pioneer Diamond
1983 1.9DG Autosleeper
 Post Reply Post Reply