The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Struggling to start

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Struggling to start
    Posted: 21 Jan 17 at 10:52
Good morning guys and thanks for adding me to your forum can anybody give me advice I have a T5 t30 Swb 2004 with 2.5 engine has starting issues van can start and run fine but sometimes when turning engine off and try to restart it starts but just chugs and splutters and want rev properly any help appreciated if anyone out there can help
gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 17 at 23:37
Welcome to the Brick Yard Thumbs Up

Lots of useful info here about T5s, but I'm afraid I can't remember any reports like your particular problem. It's a bit different to the usual starting problems, but I'd guess it is still a fuel problem.  Does it blow any smoke out the exhaust when it is chugging and spluttering ?

Have you looked to see if the ECU has recorded any error codes ?
Andrea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 17 at 12:31
Hi thanks for your reply there is no smoke from exhaust when it is spluttering had one fault on ecu camshaft sensor had it replaced but still got fault
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 17 at 12:38
If you still have the same fault after replacing the sensor then the next step is to look for wiring/connector problems.
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 17 at 19:08
Did you get anywhere with this Andrea?  I must confess that I hardly ever look at the chat section of the forum.  If there is no extra smoke with the spluttering that is unusual.  The only thing I can think of is fuel starvation or blocked exhaust.  Your 2004 will have a diesel cat but no DPF.  I'd start by changing the fuel filter.  

Do you have a service history on your van? 
2004 2.5 174
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 17 at 20:02
Originally posted by T5 TDI T5 TDI wrote:

Did you get anywhere with this Andrea?  

I wouldn't hold my breath for a reply  Angry

Edited by gregozedobe - 18 Feb 17 at 20:03
Andrea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 17 at 20:22
Hi have had another camshaft fitted and really wired by another firm this appears to be wo6 at present thankyou for the advice been on other sites and only you have responded so thanks again
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 17 at 17:59
By 'really wired' do you mean re-wired, and what is w06?  Confused 
2004 2.5 174
 Post Reply Post Reply