The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Useful threads.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buying a T3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buying a T3
    Posted: 03 Dec 16 at 20:58
Hi,
I'm searching for a decent van and could do with some advice and knowledge before I take the plunge. I've seen a refurbed G reg which looks like the joker model painted white. It clearly has had a respray but i'm worried it may be hiding something. All other g reg's i have seen have the vertical panel joints on the inside of the indicaters. This one appears not to have them. Were any models made with a one piece front panel or have the joints been welded or filled? Should i be worried by this?

Any other hints / tips / things to look for when buying would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ben
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 16 at 21:30
Sounds like the seams been welded or filled over, cant see a problem if the seam joints been cut out and butt welded together but why not repair as intended? Could be rotting in the seam, quick lick of filler and blow over for a sale? Id keep looking or view said bus and ask the question and/or have a look for yourself if its local. 

"follow the masses, do the opposite"
Ben10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 16 at 21:36
Thanks Bromy
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 16 at 08:37
if it's a geniune westy then the rear upper roof panel will be flat not curved, and all seams should be there
T3 1981 Westy Vanagon - thinks lubricant is a fuel
 Post Reply Post Reply