The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Subaru atmosphere air pressure sensor thing?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Subaru atmosphere air pressure sensor thing?
    Posted: 26 Nov 16 at 00:01
Will it throw a code if i dont have one connected? Guessing it will have a base line mixture it will run on?
Apparantly there bolted on the inner wing on the subaru but i never got it with the engine 
"follow the masses, do the opposite"
syncroandy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syncroandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 16 at 08:30
What's your donor model/year ? ECU number ? Quite a few variations with Subaru electrics, not all of them have the sensor mentioned.
'90 252 EJ25
'90 246 AFN

Syncrosport
Volkswagen Transporter, reloaded.
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 16 at 14:28
Ecu and logbook at home, I'll post the ecu number later on. Iirc it's a 2002 legacy gl
Cheers for your reply
Edit.. I've got the sensor plug in my loom. Cheers

Edited by Bromy - 26 Nov 16 at 14:29
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syncroandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 16 at 18:46
Yep, the late SOHC systems I've converted have that sender. TBH it's a no brainer, just get the sender and fit it. Why go to all that trouble and then compromise the engine performance by omitting a part of the engine management system ? It is there because that ECU needs it, end of.

Edited by syncroandy - 26 Nov 16 at 18:48
'90 252 EJ25
'90 246 AFN

Syncrosport
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 16 at 19:46
Straight to the point, Just the way i like it Embarrassed Ill get one ordered Thumbs Up
nick1973 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
click, click, BUY!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick1973 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 16 at 09:19
You might want to try and get a second hand one as they are about £70 form subaru
its one of the most common parts that people forget when doing a conversion s
it a small sensor thats bolted to the drivers side inner wing just near the suspension turret
and it will run without it  just not right
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 16 at 13:13
Ive tried a few breakers on ebay but to no avail so far. Ill keep looking. 70 from subaru?? I found one on ebay advertised for 250! 
Cheers
nick1973 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
click, click, BUY!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick1973 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 16 at 14:13
you dont tend to get many scoobys in scrap yards for some reason but the sensor would easliy fit in your pocket if you did kind on in a yard ives got a few here but i need them at the min if you get stuck let me know and you can LOAN one
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 16 at 17:24
Cheers Nick, ill bear that in mind Thumbs Up Ill keep searching and keep you posted 
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syncroandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 16 at 08:51
There's a Forester and an Impreza in my local scrapper, I will look next I'm there, should be in the next few days so don't go spending $$.
'90 252 EJ25
'90 246 AFN

Syncrosport
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 16 at 13:14
That would be great if you could have a mooch Thumbs Up Cheers Andy. 
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syncroandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 16 at 15:33
You have a PM..
'90 252 EJ25
'90 246 AFN

Syncrosport
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 16 at 16:49
Replied Thumbs Up
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 16 at 13:16
Cheers Andy Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply