The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT2 and sprinter forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tacho removal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lhr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tacho removal
    Posted: 24 Nov 16 at 16:03
Hi all. I need to remove a Siemens vdo tacho from my LT46 as it's now registered 3500kg. There are two plugs in the back of the tacho coming from the vehicles wiring loom, I remeber reading somewhere that once the tacho is removed you can link these out, however, after trying to find more info it seems that the ECU may need to be re-coded also/instead? Has anyone tried to do this?
Eddy Dar View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddy Dar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 17 at 11:10
Ho did you get on with this ? i was planning to do the same.
Lhr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lhr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 17 at 13:17
Hi, after contacting numerous garages it appeared the easiest thing to do was to leave it in as the wiring for the tacho is integrated into the main loom and would be very complicated to by-pass (apparently). Also, I think the ECU would have to be re-programmed. I've put a switch on the permanent live to the tacho so at least it won't drain power when the ignition is off, however, I think I'll change the switch for a relay as I keep forgetting to switch it off! Hope this helps.
LT2 158Bhp
Eddy Dar View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddy Dar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 17 at 16:57
I recall a thread about this which basically involved replacing the speedo head and putting a switched live onto the speedo for the display.
 Post Reply Post Reply