The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AHU transplant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AHU transplant
    Posted: 10 Nov 16 at 15:34
Howdy folks, I'm looking for some advise please.I'm hoping to buy a T3 in a wee while ,I have a 1997 V.W sharan that i bought cheap engine code is AHU and I'm not sure what I can use from the Sharan for the T3 ?So what should I take off the Sharan before I scrap it ? Many thanks
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 16 at 19:49
everything related to engine exhaust wiring that you may need - can always bin it later but once its gone the little bits missing soon add up!
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
syncroandy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syncroandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 16 at 08:24
TBH having done it myself (never again..) I know what a total arse of a job is removing the Sharan dash/engine-bay harness, and stripping out the TDI bits. It's the worst TDI donor as far the electrics go by a big margin, IMO. A saner option is to use electrics from a different car (eg. Golf) the only difference is the pump has one 10-pin plug instead of an 8 and a 3, but its easy just to swap the pins into a 10-pin housing.

Edited by syncroandy - 11 Nov 16 at 08:24
'90 252 EJ25
'90 246 AFN

Syncrosport
Volkswagen Transporter, reloaded.
leebo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 16 at 12:19
Too late as my son would say, thanks for reply folks , the car is on my driveway already and according to my missus I have to shift it along with my mk1 golf , but hey I wear the trousers , how much of the loom do I remove ? Just from Ecu to clocks? I can use the one port in the T3 can't I?Andy , I haven't really looked but is the engine on a subframe?any tips on dropping the engine?thanks againfolks
syncroandy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syncroandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 16 at 16:37
You need the entire front harness really, engine-bay and dash side are all one massive piece. The dashboard has to come out, there's several M6 fasteners you have to remove from the scuttle side to get it out. Don't ask me to convert it for you though, just takes too long and its tough on the hands stripping it all apart.

PS. Re. engine, I don't know, as the one that's been though my hands was removed from the car for me. I just took the electrics off The other ones I've converted folk have sent to me.

Edited by syncroandy - 11 Nov 16 at 16:54
'90 252 EJ25
'90 246 AFN

Syncrosport
Volkswagen Transporter, reloaded.
leebo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 16 at 20:42
So I can use the loom from a golf instead ? Mk3 yes? Andy do you convert looms ? You mentioned not to ask you to do the sharan loom, is there much involved in adapting the loom to work? I know it was only a
Mater of three relays when I put the G60 engine in my m.k 1, mind you thats only the old Digipants ecu,
leebo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 16 at 19:06
What a pain .I loosened all the bolts in the scuttle panel for the dash and couldnt budge the dash ,so I just cut it in half with a grinder .I have the ecu out .the loom from ecu to engine bay obviously I need that ,It splices and goes towards the fuse box  How much of that loom do I need ? I can trace the wires I reckon from where it splices towards the fuse box . Do I just cut out that lot of wires ? Also The connector that goes to the clock ,again do I just identify those wires and keep that lot of wires? Also the plug in for the OBD  I can trace those wires and cut them out?ANY advise appreciated .Thanks
leebo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 16 at 15:25
So I took the loom from the car ,what a job .Anyhoo I have all the connectors that go to the engine labelled, do I just keep all the wiring that goes to and from the ecu and bin the rest? I presume I need some of the connecters that go to the fuse box and to some of the relays , but which ones / I've tried posting pics but something is to big I have to reduce pic size or something .i'll have to wait til junior comes in from college.
leebo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 16 at 15:18
Slowly goin thru this loom I'm not sure about this lot though whether I need it or not? Any ideas?how come I can't post pics ? My pics are 1230 kb .....1000kb is max
fufflenarnia View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
#1 Cable Shift Bitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fufflenarnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 16 at 17:39
You need to host picks on photobox etc, and link to them, instructions are in the bus park.

You only need a few wires, you can cut out all the excess.
leebo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 16 at 23:02
Thanks mate, I'll sort it later , I've been going through old threads /Project builds etc but there's nothing showing which wires I need or how I hook them up to the cabby fuse box, I have yo get the ecu decoded as I want to keep cabby clocks and do away with the fbw throttle, I can change that by swapping the throttle body can't I?
leebo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 16 at 21:43
A lads been onto me there to say he could splice the ahu loom into the ce1 loom .I have a spare  CE1 harness so I'm giving him both harnesses and he'll wire it up for me .as I dont want to be messing around with the running engine at the moment .basically I'm gathering all the bits for the conversion then when I have everything, fitting it to the car. IS 200 euros for sorting the wiring pricey?
Titus A Duxass View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titus A Duxass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 16 at 05:10
Originally posted by leebo leebo wrote:

. IS 200 euros for sorting the wiring pricey?

Nope.
Bollocks to it all!!
51°24′N 12°52′E
 Post Reply Post Reply