The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

phase 2 subaru upstream/downstream

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: phase 2 subaru upstream/downstream
    Posted: 07 Nov 16 at 18:51
Where have you mounted your lambda sensors on your subaru conversion? Ive got "upstream wideband" and " downstream lambda" plugs on my converted loom ,but doesn't one of the sensor take a reading after the cat to tell the ecu the cats functioning, as well as your air/fuel ration before and after?.... I wont be using a cat so will it throw the eml? 

Where do i put my sensors please? Big smile 

Thanks

"follow the masses, do the opposite"
Dave Dorson View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Dorson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 16 at 12:52
Downstream is post cat.

I know you can get "decat resistors" that prevent EML's on some cars, basically they fool the feedback to the ECU in thinking that there's a cat there reducing the horrid stuff content.

I don't think the "downstream" ones actually do anything but trigger an EML though, and not enough to cause it to run in limp.
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 16 at 13:26
Cheers dave, So am i right putting upstream being the wideband one nearer the left/right bank manifold or ln the collector as they merge?  I would have thought on the collector but the used manifold i bought had a sensor still attached hanging of the left bank 2" under the head

Ive read about the resistors and also came across people using spacers so the probes not fully submerged in the flow. Think ill have a play about
nick1973 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
click, click, BUY!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick1973 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 16 at 08:52
the pre cat one need to be set at a lenght where it would have been on the scooby they are a bit sensitive post cat isnt that bad will still need the extenders if your not running a cat most conversions tend to run rich too.
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 16 at 13:30
Cheers Nick, Ill Stick it as close to where Subaru intended and play about with the back one.
 Post Reply Post Reply