The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wipers and washers not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5m1ffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wipers and washers not working
    Posted: 06 Nov 16 at 16:55
just wondering if anyone out there can help with problems am having with front wipers and washer pump not working on my 1983 19dg panel van. I have changed the switch on the coloumn and wiper motor. Cleaned all earth terminals and crowns near fuses but still have no joy. Everything else seems to be working as it should.
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 16 at 22:15
stalks have switches on the for wipers and washer pump - sounds like the plug isnt connected right or the whole right hand stalk isnt working or fitted right.... or earths!
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
5m1ffy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5m1ffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 16 at 22:28
yeh spent this afternoon cleaning earth terminals. The switch is a brand new unit as I felt sure this was bound to be the problem. My dash is out and am tracing back cables now... joy😂 I may be way out here and I am definately no expert in auto electrics but for some reason I think or dreamt a I read a similar problem which someone traced back and found the IGNITION SWITCH to be causing some faults with the wipers??? Anybody heard of this??

Edited by 5m1ffy - 06 Nov 16 at 22:31
Merlin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 16 at 17:48
The T3's are fitted with a x-relief relay, production code 18, it cut the power to some components when you start the vehicle, work from the ignition. Thus possible the ignition or this relay can give your wiper problems. The lights also cut when you start but it does not work through the x-relief relay. Components I know work through the x-relief are, Front wipers, Rear wipers, Fresh air blower, Rear heated window. If you have problems with them too, it is most likely the relay.

Power supply to the whole wiper system (Washer, intermediate and permanent wipers) is supply through this relay to the wiper fuse (My bus (SA 2.6I) it is number 5)
5m1ffy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5m1ffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 16 at 19:50
Thanks Merlin, I knew there was something, am not goin mad after all !!
I ll let ya know how it goes!!
the puritan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the puritan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 16 at 20:24
Here's a wiring diagram. It's in Dutch, but maybe it will help you. On page 13 of 14 you will find the wipers.

Post Reply Post Reply