The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T3 replacement panels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dropchip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T3 replacement panels
    Posted: 29 Oct 16 at 21:18
Would anyone know where I could find a replacement panel for the drivers footwell? It's completely shot - and google not coming back with much.
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 16 at 19:51
body cut or genuine replacement i recon fella
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
Dropchip View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dropchip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 16 at 20:32
ummm any idea of any websites that might sell that as a genuine panel? I was thinking it would prob look okish if I made something up. But it will never look right - so would prefer a panel
tontoe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tontoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 16 at 21:07
Brickweks!!! Or classic parts DE
LIFE IS JUST A GAME WE PLAY
CAMPERJAM TUG OF WAR TUGGER
Dropchip View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dropchip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 16 at 21:32
Can't find on either.
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 16 at 00:37
Id make summit up i think. The whole footwell shot?
"follow the masses, do the opposite"
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 16 at 19:46
i dont think there was such a thing ever reproduced i would say the footwell panel might of been special order from vw. theres a lot going on under there! body cut might be the way from a breaker?
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
Aidan View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aidan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 16 at 10:08
the footewll is a join in two panels and part of the reason they corrode (the holes and retaining lugs and wet feet being the other), there are repair panels including one from Schofields but it is soo horrible you are better off just making any sections required yourself
Aidan Talbot, gearboxes for watercooled engines, 4, 5 speed and syncro front and rear rebuilt. 01691 648011, 07817 377938....www.aidantalbot.co.uk
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 16 at 13:16
And leaky windscreen contributes alot too, mine was leaking by the washer nozzle gaskets on a heavy down pour also
"follow the masses, do the opposite"
Aidan View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aidan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 16 at 13:44
I actually have the right side footwell repair panel from schofield here if anyone wants it
Aidan Talbot, gearboxes for watercooled engines, 4, 5 speed and syncro front and rear rebuilt. 01691 648011, 07817 377938....www.aidantalbot.co.uk
Tim Hamnett View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Hamnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 16 at 19:35
Do you mean cab floor, as in where your feet go when sat in van, or the cab step/wing?
Dropchip View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dropchip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 16 at 21:07
Hi Aiden. How much do you want for the repair panel posted?

Tim, yes bud where your feet go. I have a new wheel arch and step etc but the floor is shot under the pedals
Tim Hamnett View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Hamnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 16 at 22:46
Yes , mines on the way too, but I'll let sections in where needed. I don't think there is an aftermarket panel made. The only chance is a VW original if you could find one.
Aidan View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aidan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 16 at 08:24
sorry my bad I thought you meant the step - the floor of the cab is made up of a loads of panels and is effectively the inside lower front and floor all as one panel 252 801 051 C and it's euro449 from classic parts, normally people just do local repairs of the holes that have formed where water has lain under the cab mat, cut back to good metal and patch
either that or cut out of a donor but because the sound deadening is stuck to the drivers side floor before paint it's not great to cut out, lots of work removing the sound deadening only to find that it's rotting already
 Post Reply Post Reply