The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rusty gutter.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swerve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rusty gutter.
    Posted: 14 Sep 16 at 23:38
Sounds like a good band name to me, but anyhow....
I've got a 89 Doka with holes in the rear corners of the roof and the gutter has pretty much gone.  Its all due to previous owner leaving wet leaves up there in front of the GRP canopy. Anyway, has anyone tried, is it possible to fashion that curved end gutter profile from a length of Mr Baxters gutter section? Or have I got to start from scratch?
Forden341 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forden341 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 16 at 21:15
I'm currently cutting up a Doka. I will take pics and email them to see if my corners may be of use to you. Let me have your email or mobile if you have whatsapp or iMessage.
Bert. 07831347868
Swerve View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swerve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 16 at 23:51

Thanks Bert. Jon 07970748989.

Tin worm.

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 16 at 19:06
Be worth taking roof skin off to get to what's underneath . if you can get a roof cut with pillars you could pick it apart and fix yours
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 16 at 21:20
^whs id be shining a torch down them pillars too Thumbs Up
"follow the masses, do the opposite"
Swerve View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swerve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 16 at 23:28
Yep, 'tis bad. Small hole through inner skin N/S. Hoping to repair that but outer has to go. Forden341 has come up with the goods. I won't be doing the welding - my skills aren't up to that, but will post progress.
[...down them pillars too] just a thought, the louvers, is that why locker doors rot away letting the uk climate in?
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 16 at 13:13
Is there a drain hole underneath? probably clogged anyway if there is one
Swerve View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swerve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 16 at 17:26
Sort of. O/S has a hole approximately 12mm Dia. but with what looks like a factory fitted plastic bung.
N/S has had 'work' so has gone. I'm a thinking drill a 12mm hole to match and blast both sides with waxoil? Or something else first?
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 16 at 18:36
you wana rid/ kill all traces of rust first . Waxoyl once youve sorted any sweaty patches but you dont want it clogging up your drain holes Thumbs Up
Swerve View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swerve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 16 at 21:19
Any good? I'm thinking of spraying this into all the hard to get to places.
 Post Reply Post Reply