The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel tank for subaru coversion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel tank for subaru coversion
    Posted: 09 Sep 16 at 19:04
Searched for many hours and found very conflicting answers.
Currently a  1987 1.9 dg carbed, replacing with ej20 sohc 
Decided im replacing my crusty tank but which one? carbed or fuel injection? im assuming injection? as this seems logical but seems many havent bothered 
Ill be replacing all fuel lines at the same time. If i go with injection tank will my original filler hose (plastic pipe) fit the new injection tank? 
many thanks!
"follow the masses, do the opposite"
Dropchip View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dropchip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 16 at 23:26
Had nothing but problems with my standard fuel tank running an EJ25 - fit the injection tank as it has a swirl pot inside and a bigger outlet. Runs lovely with it.
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 16 at 16:47
Cheers mate, Just collected the engine and the seller also said the same thing Thumbs Up
akciddento View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
Turbo Nutter B*st*rd

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akciddento Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 16 at 23:32
hey dan

glad to see the engine is going in !

dan
akciddento.com         let's drag race the bus....

weblog, tech articles, movies, shop, stupidity
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 16 at 22:35
Will be a little while yet, decided to upgrade/replace a few bits before hand - engine bay is empty atm though and some welding being done in the bay Thumbs Up
Pecha View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pecha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 16 at 10:21
Yes, we also run standart fuel tank. Thumbs Up
www.vwt3.lv
mr.janis.petersons@gmail.com

VW T3, 2.0 ADY + UN1
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 16 at 20:32
Cheers, Bought the injection tank anyway Thumbs Up
akciddento View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
Turbo Nutter B*st*rd

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akciddento Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 16 at 00:04
I got a FI tank from brickwerks, possibly the same stock as everyone else. after painting and offering it it it's a little oversize and ideally needs about 5mm trimmed off the length of it to fit snugly between the frame cross members. there's lots of overlap in the pressing so it's not too much of a hassle. Hopefully you wont have the same.
akciddento.com         let's drag race the bus....

weblog, tech articles, movies, shop, stupidity
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 16 at 22:59
Cheers! i shall measure it tomorrow, the tank should be in by now but the scale of this project keeps growing!
Yours is looking good Thumbs Up
the puritan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the puritan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 16 at 21:44
I have made a hatch in the top of the tank with a fuel pump inside. The stock fuel filter screen inside the tank was also clogged up.

Post Reply Post Reply