The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cam belts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgee132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cam belts
    Posted: 20 Aug 16 at 14:04
Hi all,if I am going to change the cam belts and water pump on my Lt 28 Florida is there anything I need to be aware of IE torq settings or is it a straight forward job ?Also where would you get the belts and pump from VW or brickwerks .......The engine I have is the 1G
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 16 at 17:37
Manuals

Use Brickwerks where possible, and just because it is not on the website does not mean they do not have it.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
Buss Marius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 16 at 08:57
Brickwerks!!!

If i go to my local VW dealer, they ask for the registration number, then put it into their computer and then the computer says no. They don't have any information about the VW LT.

To my experience Brickwerks only sell quality stuff, and they ship fast. Order today and you have the parts on Wednesday or maybe tomorrow.
87 Karmann LT L 2,4D. 89 T3 Syncro Reimo 1,9TD. 2000 T4 Caravelle TDI
mgee132 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgee132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 16 at 11:07
Thanks all ,Brickwerks it is then ..
jimbo101 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 16 at 14:39
Apart from getting the manuals from Brickwerks check out the on on vwlt.co.uk under buyers guide and engine. (The link for the 6cyl petrol actually gives you the diesel vw workshop manual.

As far as torques, yes there is and you do need to know them. Having just done the same job on mine I found there are some hefty torques required. For instance, the crankshaft pulley needs some 450nm. Or, in the absence of a suitable wrench, VFT!

Good luck!
1985/88 LT45 Diamond RV 2.4TD

Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole.
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 16 at 10:37
Thank you for the error spotting jimbo101. Passed on.
The six cylinder petrol/diesel links are swapped.

The petrol manual from Brickwerks is the easiest option. There are German downloads available of the official VW manuals.

Edited by LTCamper89 - 25 Aug 16 at 10:40
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
mgee132 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgee132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 16 at 21:11
Thanks all
 Post Reply Post Reply