The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This is a bloody laugh innit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dutch gus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This is a bloody laugh innit
    Posted: 10 Aug 16 at 19:56
Old vans?
Who'd have one of them?

Not so long ago I stopped by some fancy restoration types to say 'how much just to make this all shiny and new and free of any maintenance problems?'
I could have bought two vans with the amount they quoted.

But I'm too stubborn and senselessly attached to inanimate things (and broke) just to get shot of it and find something less cranky.
Mk1 LT35 1996
Rusty on the outside, cosy on the inside.
Tiggerandfish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiggerandfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 16 at 20:01
We looked at the more modern vans (briefly...) but found the prices of £25k plus and all plasticky looks was not for us. It's tempting when the new vans blast past us on the motorway but they don't get the same level of interest when you stop. So LT for me 😀😀😀
Simon
1985 LT 28 2.4D
dutch gus View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dutch gus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 16 at 22:27
Aye we're well out of the 'proper modern motorhome' market, I'm talking more a less ancient lined van with a window, 3 seats, a mattess and a camping stove!

Seems to me for this game you need at least two corners of the magic Time-Money-Expertise triangle, and I'm sadly lacking in all three.
Mk1 LT35 1996
Rusty on the outside, cosy on the inside.
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 16 at 16:10
The more LTs become popular, the higher the price will become, scene-tax.

The up side is that there are a few parts which are easily available but the work involved in getting the more difficult will put a lot of money-makers off.

Just tell them that you cannot just phone JK and have the parts tomorrow, they will run a mile.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
 Post Reply Post Reply