The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gearbox

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antzg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gearbox
    Posted: 06 Aug 16 at 18:21
Hey guys, apologies if this has been covered before, but am currently restoring a T3. It is fitted with a 5 speed box and I can't seem to find the gearbox code. When draining the oil I noticed it was full of swarf, so I am now in the process of stripping it. thanks in advance 👍
Antzg View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antzg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 16 at 17:44
Anybody? 😢
Scimdiesel View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scimdiesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 16 at 09:47
If it's full of swarth the code is the least if your concerns.     The codes are often corroded off.   I can't remember exactly where the code is.. I can say rebuilding the box needs special tools and it's worth getting a Bentley manual.. I chose to use Aiden Talbot hes considered the best.   These boxes are a bit special and your high street rebuilders are unlikely to get it done well.
Without engineers science is just philosophy..... Joined the revolution with a 18 year old TDI :
booted View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 16 at 16:59
Code will be on a flat part of the box beloe the reversing light switch
Antzg View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antzg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 16 at 19:53
Thank you guys, much appreciated! it must have corroded away, brill il try and source a manual. i just wanted to know the gearbox code so i could source bits as i was unsure if it was the original. Any idea where i could get a bentley manual from?

thanks again!
Aidan View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aidan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 16 at 11:57
Members only on 80-90 for manual download or buy paper copy from Brickwerks and the usual outlets.
Aidan Talbot, gearboxes for watercooled engines, 4, 5 speed and syncro front and rear rebuilt. 01691 648011, 07817 377938....www.aidantalbot.co.uk
Antzg View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antzg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 16 at 21:51
Thank you, what do you mean by on 80-90? sorry if its a stupid question.

thanks
gusbang View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gusbang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 16 at 21:55
http://www.club80-90.co.uk/index.html

Edited by gusbang - 05 Sep 16 at 21:58
T3 Doka 2.1MV
Antzg View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antzg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 16 at 22:07
Thank you, i cannot open these files just comes up with lots of code. do i need to register or something? thanks for all your help guys, much appreciated!
Antzg View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antzg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 16 at 21:37
Any idea why i cant open it guys? thanks
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 16 at 22:11
Originally posted by Aidan Aidan wrote:

Members only on 80-90 for manual download or buy paper copy from Brickwerks and the usual outlets.

Possibly? i dunno as im not over on that forum

Edited by Bromy - 15 Sep 16 at 22:12
"follow the masses, do the opposite"
nic View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 16 at 14:38
try this

http://www.club80-90.co.uk/

then click on forum
http://www.fosterandday.co.uk
Antzg View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antzg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 16 at 10:39
Thank you guys really appreciate the help. does anyone happen to have a Bentley manual they would like to sell? id be happy with a paperback version or a pdf download. many thanks
GavB95 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GavB95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 16 at 16:38
Join Club 80 90 

(click on membership at the top - it's free). Then when your membership's approved, log in and there will be a 'members only chat' section that you'll be able to view, look in there and all will become clear. 
Bluestar T3 running AAZ/flipped box
 Post Reply Post Reply