The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

INSURANCE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG-GAZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: INSURANCE
    Posted: 02 Aug 16 at 23:16
hi peeps anyone know of a good insurance company for my LT40 chassis cab im getting stupid quotes its a truck not a Ferrari Angry
gwatts 1996 LT40 2.4 turbo
chassis cab (transporter)
sirlollypop View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirlollypop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 16 at 08:55
I always use Adrian Flux as a broker as it has always been reasonable through them for a limited mileage deal. in the region of £200 for 5000 miles on an LT35
1991 LWB LT35 2.4D Home Brew Converted(When I want to get there)
1981 SWB LT28 2.7 Sven Hedin RHD(In the Paint Shop)
2007 Audi A6 3.0TDi Le Mans (When I need to get there fast)
Tiggerandfish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiggerandfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 16 at 09:16
My first year insuring my LT28 and Adrian Flux charged £180 for comprehensive cover including European cover. Limited mileage but plenty for regular trips. Very easy to deal with.
Simon
1985 LT 28 2.4D
BIG-GAZ View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG-GAZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 16 at 13:51
thanks guys I have contacted Adrian Flux 3 times so far each time they take all my details then say they will call me back then don't !!
the cheapest quote I have had so far is £1600 that's just daft im 52 years old with over 20 years no claims and held my licence for 33 years how stupid is that !!!!Shocked
gwatts 1996 LT40 2.4 turbo
chassis cab (transporter)
Serge View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 16 at 17:48
Try Peter Taylor, good prices and more importantly good insurance companies, currently with Aviva.
http://www.bishopcalway.co.uk/
1990 LT28 Westfalia Florida 2.4TD + Reliant Scimitar GTC + Mk 4 Mondeo + Triumph Trident Sprint 900 + Honda 550/4
http://www.sergeantsmess.co.uk/
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiggerandfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 16 at 12:07
Thanks for this recommendation Serge. I followed it up as my policy is due for renewal this month. I spoke with Graham who rang me back within a couple of hours with a quote which was £70 less than my current policy for similar cover of fully comp with European cover and a minimal excess.
Simon
1985 LT 28 2.4D
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 16 at 17:16
Insurance is a pain in the arse to organise when you have an old vehicle, companies simply don't want the business hence the stupid quotes.
I'm with the old farts insurer - saga and my quote at renew was exactly the same as last year.
Probably won't change unless I get a stupid quote.
Surprised at your problems with Adrian Flux, they do have a good reputation.
Main thing is that you are sorted, it's why we all support the forum.
LT28 1979 2.0 Pampas Nevada Camper LPG 93K, 1980 T3 A/C Camper 98K,1994 RRC 3.9 LPG 120k , 1998 Audi A6 Est 2.5 V6 diesel 127k

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiggerandfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 16 at 10:04
It's always worth haggling.....

Just renewed my insurance and using the Bishop Calway quote to drive down the Adrian Flux quote I've managed to reduce the renewal cost from £181.00 quote to £106 final figure. Interestingly there was a £45 policy issue charge in the £181 quote . I'm not sure what it's for as all the documents are emailed to you BUT it's a charge that can be waived 👍
Simon
1985 LT 28 2.4D
mgee132 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgee132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 16 at 21:21
Adrian flux have quoted me £475 on a Florida with 3000 miles limit 😟
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiggerandfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 16 at 07:04
It's a bonkers world for sure
Simon
1985 LT 28 2.4D
icky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 16 at 14:51
I'd avoid Adrian Flux

I had a Golf (X986 MKP) and an LT35 (P571 RUL) insured with them (the LT policy had run for 8 years or more!)

I changed the number plate (to GRZ 2462) on the golf - and informed them of the change - they sent me out the correct paperwork for the Golf. All good so far.

6 months later, I decided to terminate the LT policy - so rung them up. They sent me through cancellation documents for GRZ 2462. I said no, that's the golf. They said - no, that's the van.

They then admitted that some time during the 6 month period the number plates had been swapped over somehow, effectively leaving me driving TWO uninsured vehicles!!!!!

So - I corrected the number plates. They then cancelled the Golf insurance instead of the van insurance.

I then eventually got them to cancel the correct insurance, but the fact they changed policy details from what was written on the piece of paper / certificate without either informing or consulting me, does not bode well!

Then trying to get no claims out of them for another insurer proved to be a nightmare - even the other insurer (Direct Line) couldn't believe the struggle.

I'm not the only one who's had this level of service, either. A friend of mine got 6 points as his insurance was cancelled and Flux never informed him. Etc etc etc. I would avoid.

I now use Direct Line for my car, 2Gether for the Campervans, and the Commercial vehicles I have are insured through a company called Rigton who I wouldn't hesitate to recommend if you've got commercial and unmodified classics.
Engine cranes = the ultimate tool to test the tensile strength of Everything you didn't disconnect!

- 2000 MK4 Golf GT TDi
- 1994 LT Panel Van
- 1997 LT Minibus
- 1984 Volvo/VanHool Alizee
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 16 at 18:07
Not a pleasant experience I'm sure, potential concequences ..............
I always make sure any changes are confirmed in writing or these days by email.
Should not be necessary, but better safe than sorry.
Lucky nothing bad happened.
LT28 1979 2.0 Pampas Nevada Camper LPG 93K, 1980 T3 A/C Camper 98K,1994 RRC 3.9 LPG 120k , 1998 Audi A6 Est 2.5 V6 diesel 127k

mgee132 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgee132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 16 at 19:03
At the moment I am using Glynwood insurance in the Midlands ,to be fair I have been with them for the last 8 yrs on my T3 Cali (probably too lazy to get other quotes.)I thought I would try and get a different quote for the Florida just to see if it was reasonable .I for sure won't be using or recommending Adrian flux in the future .Thanks for all your replies.
madra View Drop Down
Limited Access
Limited Access

Lorem ipsum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 16 at 22:39
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum

Edited by madra - 25 Mar 18 at 21:31
 Post Reply Post Reply