The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie here

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petrusotto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie here
    Posted: 26 Jul 16 at 17:00
Hello,
I just joined this forum and in the process of buying a 1995 LT31 Westfalia Florida. it's located in Norway where I live for the moment.
The sale is taking some time, due to the reg. owner living abroad. Should be the owner in 3 weeks.
The car is in a good condition, but has the front fold able bench (half the bed) missing and the top bed has been converted into a storage. 
dont think its easy to replace, since I haven't found replacements. Apart from some Sven Hedin stuff on the German eBay that has the wrong colour (and pricey)

nice forum btw

regards,
Petrus

ps. how do I insert pictures? tried the "insert image" , but failed

Edited by Petrusotto - 26 Jul 16 at 17:25
Tiggerandfish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiggerandfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 16 at 19:36
Hi Petrus and welcome.

You may find a front seat if you post a request under the wanted section - I was very grateful to a member who had one for me a while ago.

Converting the top bed back to a bed should be straightforward . I removed mine from my LT28 and have the rails and base - if you pm me I could send you some pictures .

Picture posting instructions are posted under LT tech section. I have used the instructions and they worked for me.

Good luck with you new van

Simon
Simon
1985 LT 28 2.4D
Petrusotto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petrusotto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 16 at 15:29

Buss Marius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 16 at 22:07
Are you now the owner of this LT?
You are the 4th LT camper owner in Norway that i know of who is on a VW forum somewhere in the world. We are 3 Karmann LT owners on the http://vwbus.no/forum/   ; http://vwbus.no/forum/viewforum.php?f=23 and it would be nice to have one more, specially one with a Westfalia Florida.
Also we meet every 2nd monday close to Drammen. I  attend about 75% of the meetings.http://vwbus.no/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=23318
And if you want to attend our big annual meet it is http://vwbus.no/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=43725 23-25 of September, close to Rjukan.  

87 Karmann LT L 2,4D. 89 T3 Syncro Reimo 1,9TD. 2000 T4 Caravelle TDI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petrusotto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 16 at 09:24
Hei Marius,

Very surprised to hear about a group of LT owners meeting here in Norway! A nice surprise!
Still chasing the camper, the guy selling, is not the registered owner on the paperwork. His father is the official owner, but he is in Thailand, more or less retired. He needs his signature to convince Biltilsynet that the sale is legal. his father has no email or is pretty foreign to internet and all that.
I am still very keen to buy and hope we come to a solution. You have any idea how he can sell it?
regards
Petrus
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 16 at 11:29
Unfortunately we are not a group of Lt owners. We are a group of VW Bus owners. It is just me that has a LT. But LTs are very very very welcome. My Lt is in storage close to Sarpsborg when we don't use it, so i attended the last treff with my Mitsubish Miev. Other cars where Hiace, Amaroc, Bay, T3 and T4. There is a great technical knowledge in the group. 
I will get the LT home and use it to Rjukan. 

I think his son should go to Biltilsynet and ask what he should do. I think that a written confirmation from his father, (Could be sent thru normal mail) that his son is allowed to sell his car on his behalf is enough. However if the son has the pink version of the registration papers of the car. Just fake the signature.      

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petrusotto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 16 at 16:37

hei Marius,

Finally the camper is in my name! Biltilsynet accepted a copy of a signed "fullmakt" (authorization), but not a copy of a signed vognkort of the owner (who lives in Thailand)

Had a trip to Germany already. went to Sweden and took the ferry from Trelleborg.

Few small problems. but I think I fixed those. Car needed a good polish, it has just the normal rust spots at the seams which I hope to tackle soon.

previous owner changed (destroyed) a few things unfortunately. The front seat he threw away and the top bed as well. I managed to improvise a bit. I have given up taking it back to the original state after searching the internet for replacement seats and bed

also the gas tank under was missing. instead there is a small camping container in the cupboard

car is generally in good condition, done 200.000km and has some service history.

very happy with the purchase

no insurance yet. might come along to one of those meetings once I find an insurance

regards,

Petrus

ps. found another  LT camper in Oslo parked near Sørenga. Yellow one in the picture. Quite a mess and has been towed there.

Edited by Petrusotto - 27 Sep 16 at 16:39

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petrusotto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 16 at 16:41
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 16 at 17:46
Congratulations. It looks OK.
I hope you could come to the Drammen meeting some time. Next time is next monday. http://vwbus.no/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=23318 We need more LT people in there. We are usually in the corner of the parking, behind Shell. If the weather is bad we are inside Marche.
"Unfortunately" i drove Dennis, our Karmann LT to its winter storage inn Sarpsborg on Friday, so you want bee able to inspect it. On the way there we talked about the fact that we haven't had any technical problems wile on the road. Then one water hose blew, yes blew. I was able to put three fingers in the hole, but we managed to make some temporary fix, and drive it the rest of the way, to Sarpsborg.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 16 at 20:37
 Post Reply Post Reply