The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1y or not 1y

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jona2487 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1y or not 1y
    Posted: 25 Jul 16 at 14:21
hi all not sure if I've done this right .
I can't find an engine code on top of the block.
Is there another way of finding out it looks as though the dipstick has been altered Hi, I've shared 2 photos via Photobucket for Samsung. Please click the link to view photos: http://pbsg.me/shareprofile/?id=MTQ1MDU=
danstervan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danstervan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 16 at 21:54
Pics are a bit small to see any real detail.
Engine code should be on a flat surface near the top of the front of the block just under the head by an inch or so inline with number 3 cylinder. They can be hard to read if the block is corroded though.

At the top of the black plastic cambelt cover there may be a white sticker with barcode and engine code / number on it.

The 3 bolt cam cover certainly suggest it is a 1.9, and the injection pump not having an LDA suggest it is a non turbo engine. So 1Y or possibly AEF from Polo spring to mind. Wild card would be a 1X from a T4 but that had the dipstick coming up the back of the engine as the engine was canted forward in the T4.

Post Reply Post Reply