The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TDI angle of the dangle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pugvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TDI angle of the dangle
    Posted: 19 Jul 16 at 21:59
Hello all 
trying to rejig my engine and box 1z engine and DK box it was fitted really badly was not even level from side to side anyway i have sorted the side to side level, 
but i am having issues with front to back angle should the sump be level front to back or should the block be level and the front pully vertical 
because if i level the sump it looks shit with the front pullys is at funny angle so what i am asking is where do you guy take your levels from 
any help would be great cheers

ps i will be  modding the DK gearbox mount 
ye i know my spelling stinks
but youl still be ugly in the morning
Tim Hamnett View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Hamnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 16 at 22:51
Is it not using diesel mounts?
pugvan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pugvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 16 at 23:15
hi yes its using diesel engine mounts but the left side mount from block to rubber is a home made jobby 
and i am using a petrol gearbox mount that i am chopping about to work with my setup the mounts are not a problem i can fab what i need i just don't know were i should be taking my level from the block face or the sump 
cheers
Tim Hamnett View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Hamnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 16 at 10:43
Diesels are fitted with a slope front to back, so I'd say sump.
I have original mounts on a 1.6td that came from a Passat, but it seems I have the "wrong" tubular carriers which leave the rubbers squished towards the rear. So there is some variation.
You could realy do with a left hand alloy as a reference to give you point A to point B, even if your fabbed mount takes a different route. I presume its about missing the turbo.
have a look at this, it says 4 degrees.
http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/832117.gif

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6418704

Edited by Tim Hamnett - 20 Jul 16 at 10:47
pugvan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pugvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 16 at 00:53
thanks tim
i have gone for leveling it by the engine block and front pully it just don't look right when you try and do it using the sump as a level 
cheers 
 Post Reply Post Reply