The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Converting a Shuttle to Camper - advice please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colley1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Converting a Shuttle to Camper - advice please
    Posted: 18 Jul 16 at 12:03
Hi there,

I have been the proud owner of a LWB 57 plate Shuttle for the last couple of weeks, and I purchased it as I want to convert it over the next few months, in time to use it to camp for next year.

I wondered if anyone had any conversion photos of their own Shuttles/Caravelles that they have had done which has retained the interior, rather than stripping it all out and carpetting it. 

I could like to have a 3 seater crash tested R n R bed installed, with some kind of camping unit fitted.... wondered if it was possible to have a slimline unit and still fit the 3 seats in ..

Also, as all the vents are in the roof, if I decided to go down the route of a pop top - how have people found this ? Has it made it very expensive etc?

many thanks in advance !!! Tongue
Kev The Gas View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

BUS WANKER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev The Gas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 16 at 13:24
Hi, I was getting prices of around £7/8 k to have a poptop roof in my caravelle and to retain the air con for the rear passengers, decided it was too much to spend and sold the van to my bro in law.
T5.1 T32 LWB Kombi 140 ps. Sold

T5.1 Caravelle Executive 2.0BiTDI
180PS DSG Sold

T5.1 Kombi LWB 180 BiTDI DSG   

T6 California Beach 150 DSG
colley1976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colley1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 16 at 13:34
Thanks - its not the end of the world if I don't do the roof to be honest...

Suspected it would be silly money - wonder what it would be to have it done and just lose the vents....

Cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply