The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > South African T3s
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manifold Parts for 2002 2.6i

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beetlecrusher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Manifold Parts for 2002 2.6i
    Posted: 16 Jul 16 at 16:38
My 2002, 2.6i Caravelle has just scraped through its MOT by the skin of its teeth because of leaking gaskets on the exhaust manifold. The manifold is in two parts, one has three inlets, the other has two. A piece of corrugated pipe that connects the two parts of the exhaust manifold also needs relpacing along with a couple of clamps that hold it all together. The garage I use, although very competant, are finding it difficult to source the parts required. If anyone here could help, I would be most grateful. Thanks in anticipation.   
marlinowner View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlinowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 16 at 18:40
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlinowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 16 at 19:01
Part number of corrugated pipe is 054129903A

Edited by marlinowner - 16 Jul 16 at 19:01
Beetlecrusher View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beetlecrusher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 16 at 21:46
Thanks for the reply. The link you provided certainly resembles the manifold on my van and the part number you gave also matches the one that the garage has given me. However, tracking down replacements is a problem and I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a supplier. I know some of these parts are now obsolete so I suppose I will have to keep on searching. 
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlinowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 16 at 22:34
Worth a try? Or buy the eBay manifold?

https://www.online-teile.com/volkswagen-ersatzteile/054129903A_Wellrohr.html

Listed on a few US sites at great expense...
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beetlecrusher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 16 at 08:02
The links you have supplied are very helpful and all the parts I need are available. The garage have given me a print out of two manifolds, the 2.3 ltr and the 2.6ltr. with part numbers. I assume that the gaskets required between the manifold and the block are the same for either the 2.3 or the 2.6 but only one gasket is shown for the 2.3 manifold. Unfortunately, on the diagram I have, there is no part number for it. I know it`s a lot to ask, but you wouldn`t happen to know what the number is, would you ?   
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlinowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 16 at 12:26
028129589B x5

Seems to fit most VAG engines!
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beetlecrusher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 16 at 13:14

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to assist me in this quest. Although the used manifold on Ebay you referred to is very similar, it looks different to the one in the diagram that the garage supplied me with. The corrugated pipe and the securing clips look very similar but if they are the original ones then they would be 12 years older than the ones on my van ! They do look in good condition though and they may have been replaced.  Should there be a problem getting new ones or the cost is too high. I may contact the seller as I`m not too far away from Stoke so I could always go and have a look. Again, many thanks. I will post back here if I encounter any problems and let you know how I get on with it. Kind regards, Jon.

silverbullet View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 16 at 14:56
Well if it's anything like my 1995 2.6i (I think they all have the same 2-piece manifold), I had to buy the two clamps and the stainless bellows pipe from the USA because there ain't none in the eurozone no more.
Cost a bloody fortune, something like £190 by the time it had landed!!!

PS the diagram in ETKA is wrong, it shows an oval bellows an a pair of tubes inside. The bellows is round and just one pipe joining cylinders 1&2 to 3,4,& 5.
Have I missed anything?
andy e View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 16 at 16:48
Ian,

Try Pete Reeve @ Quattro corner, He's a good bloke and has found many of the vag shared parts for me.

Telephone: 0121 476 0034

Mobile: 07976 832676

Cheers Andy Easterbrook
Andy e
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beetlecrusher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 16 at 08:51
Silverbullet. Could you let me know the supplier you used in the US please and part numbers if you have them as I fear this might be the only place to get these parts. I`m away for a couple of weeks so I`ll try to source the parts after I get back. Thanks. 
silverbullet View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 16 at 10:54
Have I missed anything?
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beetlecrusher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 16 at 21:37
Well, the parts I needed arrived this week from Jim Ellis in the USA. What with a weaker Pound against the Dollar, it came to about £230 for parts and shipping. Customs duty was £6.76, £13.50 clearance fee for Parcelforce and £37.40 bloody VAT. Barely enough change out of £300 for a packet of fags, which, after that bill, I am thinking of starting smoking again after 30 years ! To put the icing on this financial cake, the electric window regulator on the passenger side has gone tits up and no prizes for guessing the only place I have managed to find one. Why is it that lots of parts for a German van made in South Africa are in the USA ? Cry
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 16 at 19:44
Www.brickwerks.co.uk sell the electric window stuff
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beetlecrusher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 16 at 20:50
The left hand side regulator now comes up as out of stock so I filled in the "remind me when this item is back in stock" box. I heard nothing so I emailed Brickwerks sales this week to see if they could give me some idea as to when they expect some in. Here`s their reply. "At the moment we don’t know for sure.
We seem to only ever be able to get one side at a time which is frustrating! 
We`ve spoken to Vemo to see if we can guarantee a quantity of both sides as soon as they`re available but they don’t seem to be able to do that.
 Post Reply Post Reply