The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how much do i need for a t4/5?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote re-dec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how much do i need for a t4/5?
    Posted: 28 Jun 16 at 12:07
Hi All,

Have just joined the forum so thought I'd say have and also ask for a bit of advice.

After hiring various campers over the yrs we have now decided to purchase our first vw camper but we can't seem to get a idea on a realistic budget.

On Ebay and gumtree prices are quite carried and a small minority of the sellers I have spoke to seem suspect. We have a budget of around 4-6k and was hoping for a fairly decent t4/5 with fairly decent mileage. Is that achievable? Also where would be best to purchase from?

Thanks,
Adam

Edited by re-dec - 28 Jun 16 at 14:12
SebRogers View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebRogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 16 at 11:03
Prices vary an awful lot, but I'd be surprised if you can find a decent lowish mileage, fully converted T4 / T5 for that money. You're more likely to be looking at a home-brew conversion on an older, higher mileage T4 IMHO. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but as with any older, higher mileage vehicle there are more potential mechanical / bodywork pitfalls and the quality of home-brew conversions obviously varies an awful lot.

Or... for your budget you could look around for an unmolested panel van and do the conversion yourself over a period of time.
'85 T3 Doka EJ22
'94 T4 Westy Cali Club ABT 2.4td
 Post Reply Post Reply