The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Jumble > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UN1-13 Gearbox (ideal for T3 tdi conversion.)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UN1-13 Gearbox (ideal for T3 tdi conversion.)
    Posted: 03 Jun 16 at 08:37
Hi guys.

I would like to introduce myself since I'm very new in this forum. During the last year I've readed tons of post regarding TDI and AAC conversion, but I register a couple of weeks ago. Anyway you can see my proflle in the spanish VW camper forum (www.furgovw.org) with the same user name (Zun).

I bought a 2.1 DJ T3 without the engine and I am working to fit an AHU tdi. I bought also a complete french filth 21 Turbo with odometer barely reading 71k (115k kilometers) to use the gearbox for the conversion. But I was told last week in the MOT office that I'm not going to be able to legalize the upgrade since the original gearbox is UN1 and the UN1 is french filth. So, I'm working the flipped A4/Passat gearbox way and I'll put my UN1 in ebay soon, but before doing it maybe someone around is interested.

I'm asking about 900£ for it, and shipping would be around 70£ to UK. The box is in pristine condition, this one is the UN1-13 that was mount in the L485 (R21 turbo) and I think that can handle up to 350Nm.

I've been trying to upload the pics of the gearbox and also the gear ratios here, but I didn't know how to do it, so I've shared my google photos album instead: https://goo.gl/photos/dEupWU7trSVvf4MR6

EDITED: New price 700
£. If interested contact by mail alkiza@gmail.com or PM.

Edited by zun - 27 Jun 16 at 15:08
andy1300gt View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy1300gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 16 at 13:22
Hi, shame you can't go down this route. I have one in mine. Thats a lot of money you are asking though.
It's all rust in the end....

89 T3 Doka - AFN TDI
76 XJC 4.2 Daimler - Gone!
72 Austin 1300
zun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 16 at 08:20
Hi.

Thank you for the feedback about the price. I checked ebay before posting and saw they were asking from 1,500 to 2500£ so I though 900£ was a convenient price considering the low mileage, but it seems I was wrong. Would 750£ still be overpriced?

Thank you.

Xabier.

andy1300gt View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy1300gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 16 at 08:25
Hi Xabier, you can put whatever price you feel on them. If you watch the one's on fleabay you will see they have been listed for quite some time. They are 'quite' rare, but can be found elsewhere. Good luck.
It's all rust in the end....

89 T3 Doka - AFN TDI
76 XJC 4.2 Daimler - Gone!
72 Austin 1300
White Van man View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Van man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 16 at 13:26
I sold an UN-13 for £500 a few years ago, seller bit my hand off, lucky maybe ?
Grimsby ,the no1 VW Metropolis town of England
zun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 16 at 15:09
Hi. Thank for the info. I've lowered the price a bit.
 Post Reply Post Reply