The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AGG Conversion - hoses and input shaft?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote club joker 84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AGG Conversion - hoses and input shaft?
    Posted: 27 Apr 16 at 23:48
Hi all,

I am currently parts gathering to convert my 1.9DG to an AGG engine.  I have most bits, but no water hoses and still have the petrol input shaft.

First question - what hoses do I need from a diesel?  Is it all of these https://www.brickwerks.co.uk/silicone-hose-set-t3-td-black.html?  Or do I need some different ones from a NA engine rather than the JX?

Second question - I have read that you can simply shorten a petrol input shaft.  Any problems with this?  How much would need taking off?  Photos would help!

Thanks,

Ben
booted View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 16 at 14:49
yes they look like the ones and pretty reasonable compared to the cost of used rubber ones. the petrol input shaft is longer than the diesel one at the engine end  many people have cut theirs down I think its 15mm that needs to come off but don't take my word for it
fatboy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
judge judy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 16 at 23:39
Pretty sure it was 15/16mm when I did mine years ago. Wouldn't bother getting a diesel one myself.
'83 T3 westy - biguns got it
68 buggy again!- Roger the cat is going to finish it
Syncro, previously known as the scoobyvelle

Shit I need to sell some MORE cars!
club joker 84 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote club joker 84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 16 at 20:34
OK thanks guys. Will spend on hoses and save on input shaft then!
 Post Reply Post Reply