The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new member HI !! lt28 florida

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caztaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new member HI !! lt28 florida
    Posted: 14 Apr 16 at 20:45
Hi every one my names craig from south wales i have placed myself on the lt owners map and im more than willing to help with tools and mechanical work :). I recently upgraded to a lt from a T3. well i see it as a upgrade lol its a 1992 lt 28 2.4td westy florida with 130k miles witch in 12months from now will become my full time home as im going to live the van life in Europe the vans in  great condition but with just abit of rush starting to show from the seams witch i need to sort out asap lol any tips there would be great hint hint ;) and i think the thrust bearing is going to need changing soon, i dont know much about the lt's so if there is any common problems or things i need to keep on top of ect please let me know over the next few months i will be doing loads of work to the van getting her ready to call home so i will be a very active member on the forum so sorry in advance if im bombarding every one with Q's 

thanks guys 

any one know when the next LT meet is Thumbs Up
Lt28 florida 2.4td
JILLY View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JILLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 16 at 02:15
Welcome Caztaz. I see you are from Caerphilly but do you know what Swiss cheese looks like? LT seams is the answer. LOL
1991 LT35e
2003 Beetle TDI (hers)
1991 Fiat Panda 750 Mania (for sale)
1985 T3 Devon pop top
2000 MGF
Caztaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caztaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 16 at 08:39
Thanks for the vote of confidence I don't think it would be that bad I will grind away all the paint and run a slater disk down the seams and rust treat them hopefully that will do the job if any one has done this before let me know
Lt28 florida 2.4td
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 16 at 18:36
http://vwlt.co.uk/

A good start.

Use the Search>Advanced Search in the top right. You can narrow the parameters to LT only sections, but almost everything has been covered by now.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
Tiggerandfish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiggerandfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 16 at 08:37
Welcome caztaz . I'm in the middle of an LT28 restoration myself and not too far away from you in S Glos. I tackled my seams as you suggested and mostly it has worked however I did find some sections as Jilly suggests so ended up cutting parts out with my Dremel and putting in repair panels, then coating everything in rust converter and then a zinc phosphorus primer. Make sure you tackle both sides of the seam. My biggest area of rust was the floor where the floor panel meets the chassis rails - the more I looked the more I found and ended up cutting out large sections of floor and welding in new sections . Similar issue with the back corner on the floor under the rear lights and I found it a really tricky area to repair and tested my fabrication skills !!! It would be good to meet a fellow LT owner so let me know .
Simon
1985 LT 28 2.4D
Caztaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caztaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 16 at 10:38
thanks tigger for the replay very help full i got the van from stroud so its never been far from you. i dont think any welding will need doing yet but i really want to get them cleaned out and treated asap i think i will defo have to pop up some time soon to see your van and pick your brains, thanks again tigger Thumbs Up
Lt28 florida 2.4td
Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 16 at 21:11

Another LT28 Florida in Caerphilly - Yay!!  Big smile Thumbs Up

Where about in Caer are you?
Back in the slow lane, yeah!
Caztaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caztaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 16 at 21:48
new bridge just down from blackwood BUTT, lol where you from? be good to meet up for a chat where do you take your van for repairs/ servicing ect Thumbs Up
Lt28 florida 2.4td
Tam84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tam84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 16 at 14:10
Hello all, sorry to hijack the post! We're only in Herefordshire and picking up our lt on Saturday! Be great to catch up with a few of you that are local and pick your brains as new to the LT scene.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiggerandfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 16 at 19:23
That would be good . Do get in touch when you have your LT. And we can all meet up . My LT came from Hereford and I'm in S Glos so not too far away
Simon
1985 LT 28 2.4D
Caztaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caztaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 16 at 16:18
im defo game for that would abergavenny be a good place for every one to meet ??

Edited by Caztaz - 22 Apr 16 at 16:19
Lt28 florida 2.4td
Tam84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tam84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 16 at 16:41
Abergavenny is great for us!!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiggerandfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 16 at 20:26
Sounds good. Hour and a quarter for me so not too bad. Be good to meet like minded LT owners and a good excuse to give "Nancy" a run.
Simon
1985 LT 28 2.4D
lorryloader View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 16 at 09:19
Welcome caztazThumbs Up
LT-45 HIGH TOP + LT-55-BEVERTAIL.Mercedes Atego tilt n slide with lorry loader crane.
Dreamcatcher View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreamcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 16 at 12:49
Welcome to the yard caztaz
Il have a single malt please 😎😎
Dave 1991 LT31 Camper
 Post Reply Post Reply