Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Intercooler placement on DOKA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

westy fetishist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmythedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intercooler placement on DOKA
    Posted: 06 Mar 16 at 19:32
does a DOKA offer a better set of options for intercooler placement? In behind the rear vents, under the load deck, or in the tool locker zone?? Anyone done anything clever? Got a decent sized rad off a Sharan afn. 
Syncro doka td
T4 Multivan Generation, 151
89 Caravelle Exclusive 2.1
Caravelle GL AFN tdi
53 plate T4 Panel.888 special x factor.
88 DG Panel(uncut)
calypso Atlantic pop.
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 16 at 17:11
not much more room than and other t3.... didnt elvis of someone  make up a mount with a bastardised scoop for the top of the gearbox area?
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
timmythedog View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

westy fetishist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmythedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 16 at 17:58
Hhmm; I know Tim Shettle did a scoop system.  I did fit a MK3 golf cooler in the boot corner with a cowled leccy fan parked on it. Ran that on a jx, aaz and even afn with reasonable results. Ran out of boost a bit quick bur recovered temps well; this sharan cooler is a big long beast so thought I might park it in the void under the deck but not really had a good look yet. Perhaps I shall ask Elvis but being a GTi man he might snub me! Smile
Syncro doka td
Caravelle GL AFN tdi
88 DG Panel(uncut)
calypso Atlantic pop.
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 16 at 20:10
our golf has one on the lower left (as you look at the front) scoops off from the lower bumper area in front of the wheel. was thinking along the lines of direct (forced) air rather than channelled into a void. you need space behind the cooler for the air to pass through see...... might not of been elvis but i think it may of been on one of his busses or someone he knows..... i think there was piss taking on the fine workmanship of the scoop! LOL
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
fatboy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
judge judy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 16 at 22:14
Elvis had one done by Tim on the tdi bus he had from Ireland. It was on the side of the gearbox, don't remember it causing him any issues cooling wise.
'83 T3 westy - biguns got it
68 buggy again!- Roger the cat is going to finish it
Syncro, previously known as the scoobyvelle

Shit I need to sell some MORE cars!
timmythedog View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

westy fetishist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmythedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 16 at 07:39
ah yes. Was that a Whitestar?  I do have all the kit for a charge cooler set up but like the simplicity of air. I shall crawl around for an hour or two, shoving it into gaps and see what I come up with. Smile
Syncro doka td
Caravelle GL AFN tdi
88 DG Panel(uncut)
calypso Atlantic pop.
 Post Reply Post Reply