The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Standard ride height thread adjustment?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ourkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Standard ride height thread adjustment?
    Posted: 19 Feb 16 at 14:01
I'm putting my van back to standard height and need to know how much thread should be exposed below the nut at the adjusters on the front end please as i cleaned away any evidence with a wire brush!,

thanks.

Oh, the guide on here says about 4 inch but i was hoping for something a little more specific, also 4 inch doesnt seem right on mine tbh

rocker tim View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocker tim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 16 at 12:39
Hello i know this post is a bit old now but i thought i'd just go and see what mine is !   Using a steel tape rule. The exposed part is 46mm from the bottom of the nut , e.g. the lowest part of the lock nut to the very bottom of the thread nearest to the road surface, I hope this helps :)
Only with time you will learn the way !
Scimdiesel View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scimdiesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 16 at 22:28
Personally I'd fit the std rear springs and adjust the front up in iincriments until the van is level... That's the load bay floor being level on level ground. From memory the front arches are higher than the tears so don't make good datum points.
Without engineers science is just philosophy..... Joined the revolution with a 18 year old TDI :
 Post Reply Post Reply