The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slip Sliding Away

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Noc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slip Sliding Away
    Posted: 16 Dec 15 at 16:48
What's the best cure for a slippery enamel bath? Fitted the bath with a shower over it and risk doing a Torvill & Dean (the bit where he drops her and she goes arse over breakfast table) every time it's used.

Haven't found a bath mat with suckers that will stick to it, have tried some cheap adhesive non slip strips, then some expensive adhesive non slip discs and they fell off within a week. Got me money back but I think they were OK as they stuck fast to the tiled shelf after they fell off the bath.

I've gone to town with prepping the surface before sticking anything on it; scoured it, scrubbed it, degreased it and then made sure it was completely dry.

Next step is some chemical which looks like it can etch the enamel which is on order.

Any other ideas chaps?  
'The Big Slow' LT35 1989 normally aspirated Diesel Horsebox - Gone but not forgotten.
gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 15 at 19:59
Sounds like it may have been treated with something to stop dirt (and everything else) adhering, eg wax, silicone, PTFE (teflon).  Maybe the prep stuff they use on cars to clean wax off before painting might do the trick ?
Mike Noc View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Noc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 15 at 09:04
Cheers, if the chemical stuff I've ordered doesn't work I'll give it a go.  
'The Big Slow' LT35 1989 normally aspirated Diesel Horsebox - Gone but not forgotten.
Mike Noc View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Noc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 15 at 15:12
Quick update and this stuff is the mutt's nuts and does exactly what it says on the tin.

Happy days. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply