The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > South African T3s
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SA T3 in Germany

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GGHM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SA T3 in Germany
    Posted: 08 Dec 15 at 21:13
Hi!
I am Gunther from Hameln (city of the pied piper) and I want to say "hello". I think Brick-Yard is the only VW forum with an own section for the SA T3. 
At April this year I bought Charlies SA Caravelle 2.5i and it took a long time, to get the German registration. German laws are very strong and somtimes stupid. Wink

I hope I can get some support here at Brick-Yard. 2016 I want to start with the restoration of the body, new paint and so on. I think I will have a lot of questions. Cry

Regards,
Gunther

1983 Caravelle special edition - one of the first WBX
1993 Caravelle 2.5i from South Africa
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 15 at 22:58
Welcome Gunther

I have driven your bus..  As you browse around this forum you will realise that it generally adds 1K to it's value.

Welcome again chap - good to see a picture of the old girl.
T3 1981 Westy Vanagon - thinks lubricant is a fuel
Titus A Duxass View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titus A Duxass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 15 at 05:31
Hello Gunther,
Congrats on getting your bus through the TüV, that must have been tricky.

Greetings from Leipzig.
Bollocks to it all!!
51°24′N 12°52′E
GGHM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GGHM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 15 at 11:32
Thanks mrhutch  Smile  Do you know who was the first owner in UK from my bus? It would be great to get some more informations about the history, maybe pictures where the bus was shipped to UK, ...

It was not easy Titus. It is important to find a qualified TÜV engineer and I collected since many years a lot of necessary documents and specifications for the car. And you need a special case authorization from the authority because of the emissions.

GGHM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GGHM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 16 at 21:19
I worked a little bit on my SA T3. I hope if I visit the paint shop tomorrow the bus is painted in the beautiful "wildfire red met".  Smile

Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 16 at 21:51
Any more pics of your rear vents? They standard on the sa?
Looking good btw
"follow the masses, do the opposite"
GGHM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GGHM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 16 at 13:33
Yes since the end of 1991 where VW started with the big window busses in SA this rear vernts are standard.
Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply