The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

F"#*ing Facebook ( warning contains ranting)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flying haggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: F"#*ing Facebook ( warning contains ranting)
    Posted: 08 Dec 15 at 00:54
Aaaaaahhhhhh, what is it with wankers on Facebook, I posted a car up only to have shit comments left on the post by assholes who just want to stir up shit, it's a decent car not trying to rip anyone off unlike some! only to have comments like "it's only worth blah blah", "you'll never get that for it", FUCK OFF cloppers!!!! It gets right on my tits that does, I made the mistake of defending myself only for two guys to start, I had to delete the post after a total of 6 hrs as they'd fucked it, I wish some one would go and fuck them....with a big stick!,,
Deep breath.....Rant over for now at least!
Take a walk on the wild side
festa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 15 at 04:13
That's why I don't use it as don't think I could deal with a knob end..the few ruin it for the many
lwb 174,Wagner intercooler, rosten rods, balanced bottom end, GT2262v hybrid turbo, 2.7bar boost with full ss 76mm decat exhaust, itg filter, 440ft lbs@288bhp
Nugget View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nugget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 15 at 13:30
Facebook definitely has its limitations and issues and people hiding behind their keyboard judging others is one of them, its also almost too easy to post on FB which means that combined with the fact that there is no search facility the same questions and dross comes up all the time.  I do use it but only because that's where the masses have gone but given the choice I would have a well subscribed forum with a search facility and that is well moderated any day, trouble is I'm not sure forums will ever be a big player again.

Some of the stuff on the T3 FB page is laughable.
flying haggis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flying haggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 15 at 15:55
I totally agree, the thing is I wouldn't and I'm sure everyone on this forum would only post to help someone, not attack or humiliate them, just makes you think about the turkey's that get there kicks from doing this kind of thing and how a few spoil it for many
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 15 at 17:50
Originally posted by Nugget Nugget wrote:

Facebook definitely has its limitations and issues and people hiding behind their keyboard judging others is one of them, its also almost too easy to post on FB which means that combined with the fact that there is no search facility the same questions and dross comes up all the time.  I do use it but only because that's where the masses have gone but given the choice I would have a well subscribed forum with a search facility and that is well moderated any day, trouble is I'm not sure forums will ever be a big player again.

There is a search facility on PCs but it seems not on mobile devices.

1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
booted View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 15 at 20:51
Yep cant stand facebook but everything everywhere seems to ve organised through it. The lack of search is a pain. Forums are far better
You can tell someone they are being a knob without all the keybiard warriors getting arsey
Nugget View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nugget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 15 at 21:00
Originally posted by LTCamper89 LTCamper89 wrote:

Originally posted by Nugget Nugget wrote:

There is a search facility on PCs but it seems not on mobile devices.

I didn't know that, is it a proper job one like wot is on 'ere?
timmythedog View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

westy fetishist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmythedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 15 at 15:38
however flying haggis, if someone put an ad on here for a seriously overpriced vehicle(not saying yours was) they would also be told so, or met with a wall of silence.  Did you open the door to opinions? Just stick it in the vehicles for sale section and ignore all comments unless an enquiry. Or stick it on ebay which is usually where stuff sells in the end. Have you advertised on here or ebay, or other forums? 
Syncro doka td
T4 Multivan Generation, 151
89 Caravelle Exclusive 2.1
Caravelle GL AFN tdi
53 plate T4 Panel.888 special x factor.
88 DG Panel(uncut)
calypso Atlantic pop.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flying haggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 15 at 17:21
[QUOTE=timmythedog]however flying haggis, if someone put an ad on here for a seriously overpriced vehicle(not saying yours was) they would also be told so, or met with a wall of silence.  Did you open the door to opinions? Just stick it in the vehicles for sale section and ignore all comments unless an enquiry. Or stick it on ebay which is usually where stuff sells in the end. Have you advertised on here or ebay, or other forums? [/QUOTE
I agree, sometimes someone posts something and you wonder why, cant say there was anything on the ad that would of warranted some of the comments, especially as it is a known car on the page and forums, which is maybe why I was surprised at the response, but again it was only two people who I had the issues with, I haven't advertised it again anywhere else but i'm going to wait to the new year now and fire it on the bay
timmythedog View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

westy fetishist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmythedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 15 at 20:08
I`m intrigued, as I don`t know what the ad was.   Anyway, maybe it can go up a little in value over christmas! Smile

Syncro doka td
T4 Multivan Generation, 151
89 Caravelle Exclusive 2.1
Caravelle GL AFN tdi
53 plate T4 Panel.888 special x factor.
88 DG Panel(uncut)
calypso Atlantic pop.
Jonathan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 16 at 13:28
Sorry mate but Facebook isn't for selling  cars. That's the reason you have this problem.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flying haggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 16 at 13:50
Eh not true, there's numerous pages with things for sale swap etc. You seem to be missing the point, I'd advertised a car for sale, in the correct manner, with a honest description not over priced or anything like that, only to have two or three twats hijack the post with derogatory comments, now  am all up for a laugh, and if someone is being a tit let them know but theses guys seem to get there kicks out of it. Anyway I've left the page and the car has now gone to a new home in Oban after using proper forums to advertise it.
 Post Reply Post Reply