The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Wheel help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Land Rover freelander wheels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vitesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Land Rover freelander wheels
    Posted: 07 Dec 15 at 15:57
Hello All,

Has anyone fitted freelander 1 wheels? pcd is 114.3 and ET46 and was wondering if I could fit them with wobbly bolts .

Any help greatly appreciated.
BeJay View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 15 at 16:23

You probably could, but personally I wouldn't fit any wheels to anything with wobble bolts, I'd consider it far too dangerous, just find some wheels with the correct PCD, it'll be much safer IMHO.

NIL ILLIGITIMUS CARBORUNDUM
T3ADICT View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3ADICT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 15 at 17:05
i have a set of 5x112 to 5x114.3 adaptors that i might part with but i think your offset on your wheels is a bit too low.
think (need to check) my adaptors are 20 or 25mm with et 46 im i dont think things are gona sit right.

if you could get some 16mm steel adaptors made then that would get you the right offset.
what width/size are your wheels?

dont you have to have things " aproved "  where you are? could be fun..

WHY T3's.... because they are just so adictive, and having one just aint enough
booted View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 15 at 21:17
You need nuts on the rear . wobble nuts were not available in tge correct size last time i checked
Wobble bolts only gain a max of 2mm and you neeed 2.3mm. Your only option is adaptors if you can get the offsets correct.
I thought landrovers were 5x120 ??
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 15 at 22:16
They are....
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

BeJay View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 15 at 09:53

Newer rangerovers and discoverys have the 5x120 pcd, classic rangerovers  mk1 discoveries defenders and series landrovers have 5x165 pcd, but the freelander does have 5x114 pcd, but I still wouldn't fit them to a 5x112 hub with wobble bolts Disapprove 
NIL ILLIGITIMUS CARBORUNDUM
vitesse View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vitesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 15 at 13:29
Thanks for the reply, lads,

Will go for the adaptors then and leave the wobble bolts wobble ....

Post Reply Post Reply