The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lowering The Rear

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny8718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lowering The Rear
    Posted: 28 Nov 15 at 14:09
Hi All. 

Yet another question from me. 

I have just bought some lowering springs from CMC in Northwich. I have fitted the fronts and they have lowered the front by at least 40mm.Van looks great. 

I have jacked the rear of the van up under the chassis, removed the lower shocker bolt and have wrestled the standard spring out. However, I cannot for the life of me replace it with the smaller unit. 

I am struggling to work out just what to do. I have tried to lever the suspension arm down but there just doesn't seem to be enough clearance. 

Does anyone think that removing the anti roll bar may help? The other wheel is still on the floor at the moment and I wonder if the pressure of the roll bar might be stopping me from finding enough clearance. 

Thanks in anticipation, John. 

Johnny8718 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny8718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 15 at 15:02
Thanks for the replies. Inundated with help!

I was right, it was the anti roll bar. 

I have to say that of the many forums and Facebook pages that have been created for the VW, I notice that many people have this issue with them all. Very little in the way of help or reply when someone is genuinely stuck. 

Not to worry.  
 Post Reply Post Reply