The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2007 Towbar wiring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny8718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2007 Towbar wiring
    Posted: 17 Nov 15 at 13:37
Hi All. 

I have fitted my bar and am now at the stage of wiring my 7 pin plug. 

Can anyone tell me what the VW loom colours are to save me some time? I am splicing into the loom which runs along the left hand side of the roof towards the front. 

Thanks in anticipation, John.
Johnny8718 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny8718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 15 at 11:11
Anyone?
Onefut View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
I like pink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onefut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 15 at 09:42
Hi
I fitted one to my 2005 not long after buying it but I bought the made up loom that plugs in so Im afraid its a no from me
Have you tried googling VW T5 towbar wiring diagrams?
God whispers in our soul & speaks to our heart. When we don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick.
It's our choice: Listen to the whisper or wait for the brick!
05 Shuttle SE 174 Auto LWB
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 15 at 20:57
People often miss this board because it's really intended for 'How to do's' and discussing stuff you've already done.  But no big deal.  Smile  

If you are stuck, I have my old cut off 13 pin socket with the wiring colours just about showing.  If you still  need it I'll take a pic and post it here.  You can work out your 7 pin designations from this- https://www.trailertek.com/acatalog/13pin_plug_&_socket_wiring_diagramR.jpg    
2004 2.5 174
Timjburrows View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timjburrows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 15 at 21:12
On VW cars there are spare terminals on the rear light units for wiring the tow bar,possable also on the vans aswell
Johnny8718 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny8718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 15 at 14:03
Originally posted by T5 TDI T5 TDI wrote:

People often miss this board because it's really intended for 'How to do's' and discussing stuff you've already done.  But no big deal.  Smile  

If you are stuck, I have my old cut off 13 pin socket with the wiring colours just about showing.  If you still  need it I'll take a pic and post it here.  You can work out your 7 pin designations from this- https://www.trailertek.com/acatalog/13pin_plug_&_socket_wiring_diagramR.jpg    

Hi. 

That would be great. It would definitely be a step in the right direction. 

Thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply