The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Wheel help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T3 ARC Alurad Alloys - bit of advice please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichDP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T3 ARC Alurad Alloys - bit of advice please
    Posted: 30 Oct 15 at 09:01
Hi all, am hoping for some help as I have read a few conflicting reports.
My new van has come fitted with a set of ARC Alurad Penta lookalike 15" alloys with 205/65/15 tyres and an ET of 21.

I have read a few posts that these were standard fit and therefore no spacers or studs etc required, but I am not sure of this as the back wheels don't seem to have many turns on the nuts. It also also 'kin heavy to steer!!

Anyone know anything about these? Do they indeed go straight on or should I be using anything to help figment etc?

Cheers in advance
Rich
1988 Westy Pop Top 1.6TD
ob1 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

FOUND IT, IT WAS HIDING!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 15 at 07:54
You need longer rear studs! If they are heavy then ET might be to low? Should be between ET 40 -30 as a rough idea? 205 should be massively heavy? 
RichDP View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichDP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 15 at 11:43
Thanks ob1 my main concern (apart from short studs) is that the wheels may have the wrong PCD as when you look at the wheel in situ, the nuts do not seem to all be centred in their recesses.
Anyone know of an easy way to check this?  (I have looked on the wheels but it isn't marked)
1988 Westy Pop Top 1.6TD
GavB95 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GavB95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 15 at 12:12
Get a ruler out and get measuring. Big smile

If you can't be arsed to read that then when measurement X in the diagram = 65.832mm you have a 5 x 112 PCD.

Thumbs Up
Bluestar T3 running AAZ/flipped box
RichDP View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichDP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 15 at 12:28
Nice one Gav, I shall do some mathematics this evening!!
1988 Westy Pop Top 1.6TD
clift_d View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clift_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 15 at 19:23
Presumably your van is manual steering, in which case don't be surprised if it's a real workout steering it at low speeds - they all are. Wider tyres will make this even harder although your 205 section is not excessive.

I don't have any particular knowledge of the alloys you mention, but the PCD and ET offset might be fine. However, you should have more available thread on the studs than you describe - it is not uncommon for alloys to require longer studs due to a thicker bolting area. I would suggest you get these changed without too much delay. Brickwerks sell longer wheel studs and bolts for just this purpose - see here for example:
https://www.brickwerks.co.uk/index.php/catalogsearch/result/?___SID=S&q=studs

Edited by clift_d - 11 Nov 15 at 19:24
1988 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker syncro
 Post Reply Post Reply