Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Power supply

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak
VW Customer Service

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Power supply
    Posted: 25 Aug 15 at 21:54
I am looking to string up led lights in the rear of a few vans as me and some of my engineers get older the piss poor light in the back of a T5. Can I wire these off the internals or were can I pick up a constant live?
gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 15 at 04:18
Have you tried a high power replacement LED festoon "globe" in the existing T5 light ?  I put one in mine and it improved the illumination a lot.  There are ordinary ones that are about the same light output as the std filament globes, but the brighter LED ones are a lot better (and they use less power than the std globe to boot).  I got mine off ebay years ago and am quite happy with it.  Saves re-wiring, but they still automatically turn off after about 5 minutes.

NB Get the same length as your existing festoon globe (there are different lengths), and if it doesn't work first time just turn it around, they need the correct polarity on the power supply.

Edited by gregozedobe - 26 Aug 15 at 04:20
 Post Reply Post Reply