The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Getting closer to engine startup!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outtatime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting closer to engine startup!
    Posted: 28 Jun 15 at 22:27
Hi All,
 just a quick update on 'progress' Wink so far with my LT, i'm almost to the stage of attempting to get it running again Shocked

The head is back on, as are both timing belts. After turning the engine over by hand a few times there was no meeting of valves and pistons so that was a big relief. Progressed then to trying off the starter motor and was pleased to see oil pressure registering on the gauge and more importantly oil being supplied to the lifters and camshaft journals.

Just need to remove a couple of injectors so  i can now see if the diesel is being pumped ok then i'll be ready to try and start it 'proper' and hope I've no other issues (It's been dormant for at least 7 years,since the head was removed for who knows what reason)

Time is getting short now and i'm sure there will be further issues, time to get worried, we are supposed to be going away in it August, i may yet need the assistance of any and all willing to assist.

Next update soon i hope.......

LT28 2.4TD (DV) Camper 'Morgan'(H998 RUM)
LT40 2.4TD (DV) Camper D562 RCY
Discovery 200 TDI
Discovery 300 TDIx3 (Tetley,Lileth & ????)
Skoda Felicia
BMW F650 GS
KTM 200 EXC
Honda Trail 90 (CT90)
 Post Reply Post Reply