The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LT Specific Information.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LT Specific Information.
    Posted: 21 May 15 at 19:36
Having just signed up to FaceAche and joined VoLT, there are some things I like, and some which are a pain, but knowing it all started here got me looking back to VoLT formation.

One thing which was brought to light was the LT information page on brick-yards' banner, top left, is blank. It was blank when I joined, and still is, but not until reading the above thread did I realise why. I think the information must be vetted by Simon or Michael before publication. I will ask now.

The main thing about FB which bugs me is there is no organisation of information, just a long list of statements which you have no real way of sorting through. There is a search facility, but it is woeful. There have been three 'wheel size/fitment/alternative' threads in the last two weeks. They all overlap to some extent but I suspect the same will happen next month.

Back to the LT Specific Information, for it to be of any use it needs to contain similar information as is hosted on the t3 page. As I have said, i wil ask about submission protocol and see where we go from there.

In the LT owners club thread, page 3 about a third down, Simon states quite clearly that he will host whatever we want or need, so lets get it together. That was in July 2008.

The thing I do like though, is the fact that so many people are involved, and so there is a lot of opinion. I blow this trumpet as often as I can, because the technical side of ownership can be much more easily accessed through a forum like this.

1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 15 at 12:28
Michael, Tee3, replied last night that there are some issues regarding the webspace on which the information would be hosted. As yet not resolved, so posting in Tech is the only way.

Once we get the right stuff together it will be transferred.

There is a lot of information which is already in some of the longer threads, load sensing valve for instance, and there is no reason that some of the information on LT-Fruende cannot be purloined, in the best possible taste.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 15 at 18:26

VW LT Camper not Cramper

timaldiss View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timaldiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 15 at 20:29
Hmmm, I understand what they're saying, but come on - someone has to make a start. Hence vwlt.co.uk
-------
I have a history of VW LT camper van addiction: http://campervanman.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply